It has been a long winter where I live in Oregon, as it has in many parts of the United States. I keep thinking the warm weather is right around the corner, and maybe if I start pretending like it is summer it will get here sooner. So, yesterday, I made this chocolate banana smoothie. It is one of my favorite smoothie recipes. It's sweet, with a subtle chocolate flavor, without any extra added sweetener.
I keep my freezer stocked with frozen bananas. You know, the ones that have been sitting in the fruit bowl too long with brown spots that nobody wants to eat? I cut them up and freeze them to sweeten up my smoothies.
Ingredients:
1 cup frozen banana
1 cup nondairy milk (sweetened)
3/4 tbsp raw cacao powder
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Serves 1. Source: www.foodsensitivityjournal.com
This post has been shared with Monday Mania and Fight Back Friday.
I keep my freezer stocked with frozen bananas. You know, the ones that have been sitting in the fruit bowl too long with brown spots that nobody wants to eat? I cut them up and freeze them to sweeten up my smoothies.
Ingredients:
1 cup frozen banana
1 cup nondairy milk (sweetened)
3/4 tbsp raw cacao powder
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Serves 1. Source: www.foodsensitivityjournal.com
This post has been shared with Monday Mania and Fight Back Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment